We know that there are many contractors out there trying to sell you a new roof, windows, siding or gutters. We truly believe we are the best one. We have honed our craft through generations of hard work. Here are some of the reasons why we think you should choose Central.
• We are a local, family-owned business that has been around since 1956.
• We try to offer more value than any similar company. We may not always be the lowest price, but our prices are extremely competitive. Remember to compare apples to apples. A price might be lower, but it may not include the same warranty, the same quality of materials, or the same quality of workmanship. If you have another bid, we will be happy to compare it and let you know if it is an "apples to apples" bid. If we can match it, we always will.
• We are licensed contractors. Always ask for a contractor's license number and be wary of a contractor who says he has been in business for a long time but has a high license number.
• We do not "canvass" neighborhoods, cold call or use shady sales techniques. We will never put pressure on a homeowner to sign a deal that day. We know that this is a big decision and we want you to think it over before signing.
• We are civic minded and support many local charities.
• We consistently try to match homeowners with the best products for their budget. We do not only work with one product or one supplier as we are material and product agnostic. We can get almost any product on market at a good price.
• We will always give each homeowner the best price we possibly can for the requested service.
• Our company stands behind our workmanship and materials with the best warranty in the area.
• Our Crews are highly trained and have been with us for many years - some over 15 years.
• Our Estimators also go through a rigorous training process. We all truly care about your home and see our jobs as a way to help people love their homes.
One big piece of advice we can give you as you search for an exterior contractor is to always avoid the high pressure sales companies. These companies are designed to get into your home and try to get you to sign a contract on the first visit. Their prices are always incredibly high and their workmanship is never top notch. Here are some things to look out for:
• Companies that repeatedly canvas in your neighborhood. Also watch out for Storm Chasers. They never work in your best interest. They are in your neighborhood after a storm to make a quick buck. They may not even be from MD or DC or they may be using a local company's license to work under. Always double-check.
• Whenever a company says that all the decision makers must be home before they come out for a visit.
• Anytime a sales pitch is more than 30 minutes and it's not because you are the one asking a lot of questions.
• Be wary of any Contractor that asks you to sign something on their first visit to your home.
• Start asking questions whenever you are given a price and then a few minutes later that price is drastially reduced. Many times, these companies will resort to car saleseman techniques where they call their boss or manager and suddenly the price is much cheaper. Why did they try to charge you so much in the first place??
• Anytime a Contractor only offers a specific sysytem or a one-size-fits-all methodology. That means they aren't looking out for your home's best interest.
Here's a video about what makes Central Exteriors different (and better) than our competitors: